2019 Best Places to Work in VT – Voted the #2 Small Business
The 2019 Best Places to Work in Vermont is a statewide company review and employee survey designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Vermont. Our employees highly rated their experiences with Chippers’ workplace policies and practices that are based on our commitment to a meaningful mission and established core values. We are so proud to have been voted the #2 small business (under 100 employees) to work for in Vermont! Yes, #2!!
Training Programs & Career Opportunities
While our Mission Statement is certainly about growth and our clients, there is also equal importance placed on our employees. We know that without our team of professionals, Chippers would simply not exist. Training programs and providing career opportunities are key to our continued success.
Chippers offers training in many different areas, including CDL licensing, ISA Arborist certifications, TCIA Academy courses, turf and plant health care licensing not to mention on-going safety training (see Safety below).
We want the best people on our team, and we want to help them learn new skills and grow as part of our company-wide achievements.
Our Benefits Programs
Chippers believes that our success hinges on having great team members who feel challenged in their roles, valued for the quality of their work and respected for being who they are.
The foundation to building this is to provide excellent wages, generous paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance plans and our year-round employees benefit from annual gain sharing when we do well.
In addition we offer clothing and equipment allowances, referral bonuses, and a suite of other benefits, such as a Simple IRA with a company match, company HSA contributions, and a partnership with the Work United Support program.
But the benefits you actually experience every day are being part of a company that is considered a leader in the green care industry while working alongside folks who strive to be the best at what we do and are truly like family.
Our focus on safety is our number one priority for the health and well-being of our employees and the protection of our clients and their property.
- Safety is one of our core values;
- Our I WILL safety mantra is a key component of our daily safety meeting.
- Every single morning starts with a safety meeting to share lessons and information to keep everyone focused on going home to their family and friends.
- We have a full-time Safety & Training Specialist devoted to hands-on training to help everyone learn industry leading standards, the very safest practices, and to master the skills to reach their full potential.
- We follow ANSI A300 & Z133 standards.
- We hold company-wide annual safety training days;
- Our employees are certified biennially in First Aid and CPR.
- We have at least one Certified Treecare Safety Professional in each of our three offices.
- Chippers has also been recognized by the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) for two safety awards, in 2017 and 2018, for our I WILL safety program.
3 Offices, 5 Divisions
The career opportunities available to you at Chippers are diverse and extensive.
Gardeners, Arborists, Sales People, Landscapers, Plant Healthcare Technicians, Tree Climbers, Turf Technicians, Administrative staff are just some of our positions that may interest you.
We serve thousands of clients throughout Central Vermont and New Hampshire from our offices in Enfield, NH, Meredith, NH, and Woodstock, VT.
Family & Fun
We are fortunate to live, work and play in New Hampshire and Vermont…two states that many people visit for their beauty, outdoor activities and small town charms. Check out Our Backyard for more on why we love it here.
Ready to Apply?
Click the application link below to view all open positions and see how you can join the Chippers family!